Why this WAH blog? Nearly two decades' worth of experience should be worth SOMETHING, right?!

The reason for this blog is simple: I've worked at home for nearly two decades. Yep, that long! There have been instances when I took time off and didn't work contract or freelance jobs, such as when I went back to college or when I was taking care of family, but I've spent more time as a freelancer and/or contractor than not. I've got a ton of experience and I've learned a lot. Now I want to share all of that info with you so your journey will be much easier than mine has been.

Instead of simply posting endless streams of links on my Facebook pages, I decided to create a blog where I could put all my Work At Home (WAH) leads and information. Not only for my reference but others as well. We gotta help each other, right? Well, some people don't think so, but that's my belief. I'm not averse to sharing with others. It shouldn't be about me, me, me all the time; instead, it should be about us, us, us. When you help others, it makes you feel good and you spread good things throughout the world. And yes, I DO wear rose-colored glasses, thanks very much! :-)

My goal is to only post about legit programs here. However, it's up to you, and you alone, to do the research and make the final decision about any information I post here. I can't be responsible, so you should know that upfront. But I will do my best to post my opinion about certain programs and, should I find out those programs or gigs aren't what they present themselves to be, I'll let you know that as well. 

What else? You'll also get info on the types of gigs I've done over the past 18 years -- what worked, and what didn't. Better to know such info before you dive in, right? Right. I wish someone had told me that back in May 1997 when I decided to plunge in without any assistance or advice (sometimes I tend to be a daring optimist). But now it's 18 years later, and thankfully the Interwebz has evolved. Well, most of it...but that's the only part we care about.

Now, here's the most important question from your standpoint: could (or should) you work from home? Well, it depends. It takes a certain type of person. Working from home is NOT for most people. Some people are more suited to traditional jobs and the typical 9-to-5 lifestyle. That's not a bad thing at all. There are benefits and drawbacks to each choice. I'll discuss both sides of that proverbial coin. Then you can weigh all the information and make the decision that fits you best.

I'll also blog about the pros and cons of the WAH lifestyle and alert you to pitfalls and known scams. There are plenty of upfront contract and freelance gigs, but there are also a host of others that you should avoid. In other words, you'll get all of that (and more) straight from me. And some of you already KNOW me, right? So while there are many other WAH blogs, I'm not a stranger to some of you (well, I'm strange, but...). If you don't know me, go to my contact page on here and you'll find links to my other pages, blogs, and profiles. Then you can get to know me better. If you want to, that is. 

Finally, just so you know what you're getting yourself in for, this blog won't be all work and no play. Eclectic is my middle name (not really, but roll with it), so you can expect unfiltered commentary, responses to my experience with various gigs, and rants on occasion about what the WAH lifestyle should and should not be for the workforce of the 21st century and beyond. One way or another, my goal is to inform and entertain you -- and perhaps shock you on occasion. Hey, I gotta make sure you stay AWAKE out there, right? 

Ready? Ready! Let's begin...

Popular Posts